Our Guided Backcountry Snowshoe Tours are a one-of-a-kind winter adventure for your group or the entire family, Experience this unique opportunity to enjoy the mountain environment during the winter months. Learn how to snowshoe, enjoy spectacular scenery, and get away from it all. No experience necessary.
Backcountry tours are located on our 300 private acres, just minutes south of Lincoln NH, on 1700' Barron Mountain. Tours feature a 20 minute low-speed roller-coaster ride to the start of your tour in our 6-wheel Austrian troop transport vehicles - the Pinzgauer.
This tour includes roughly 1 hour of snowshoeing. The complete trip takes approximately 2 hours depending upon the size and pace of the group.
Unique outdoor winter experience:
- Friendly, experienced, and professional guide staff.
- Guides share information about the flora and fuana, logging, and tourism history of the region.
- Catered to the overall ability and desire of the group - a leisurely stroll or heart-pumping trek.
- Exclusive views of the White Mountain National Forest from a unique perspective.
Participants must be:
- in relatively good physical condition for hiking and jumping.
- free from neck or back injuries.
- able to read, listen and understand all rules, procedures, and instructions.
- of sound body and mind and NOT under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Participants must be at least 6 years of age. Participants under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
This activity is dependent upon the quality of the natural snow surface. If conditions change such that the snow is either unsafe or melted, your trip may be rescheduled or cancelled with very little notice.
Tours must have a minimum of 2 participants.
What to Bring
Snowshoes and trekking poles will be provided.
Wear your own supportive winter hiking boots and suitable winter clothing.
We recommend you bring a small backpack for cameras, hand warmers, sunscreen, water bottle and an extra layer.
The Alpine Marketplace on-site has provisions for sale if you have left something at home.